Meet Our Doulas
As Doulas in the Portland,Oregon and Vancouver area, we are trained and experienced birth professionals who guide and support families during one of the most important times in their lives; pregnancy, the labour process and birth. All Baby Nest doulas are Certified and committed to bringing professionalism and approachability to each client.
Meet the Baby Nest doula team below! Request a free consult HERE, we’d love to meet you!
- Owner of Baby Nest Birth Services, Certified Birth Doula, Placenta Specialist and Bradley Method Instructor
- My husband and I have two crazy cool kids, ages 10 and 13. They make us laugh, keep our life full of adventure and are always teaching us!
- I adore the summer.
- The Vancouver Farmers Market is my style of gardening.
- My husband and I started a food cart called The Mighty Bowl and I often thought it was harder to get started than childbirth itself!
- I light a candle for each of my students and clients when they are in labor in honour of their journey into motherhood and the new life coming into this world.
- Certified Birth Doula with Birthingway College of Midwifery,
- I grew up on the Olympic Peninsula with the Olympic National Park at my backdoor.
- I am one of seven children, and have had the honor of being present at the birth of three of my siblings and many of my nieces and nephews
- I’m passionate about gardening. I have my own vegetable garden which provides a large portion of my produce throughout the year.
- Certified Birth Doula with DONA International
- When not working, I love to spend time with my husband of 14 years and our three daughters, ages 12, 10 and 6.
- We enjoy doing things outdoors like hiking, camping and geocaching!
- My name is Danish and is pronounced Ing-Lisa.
- In my spare time I like to read, bake, organize and listen to music.
- If the sun is shining, I am a very happy woman!
- Received my doula education in 2007 with Birthingway College of Midwifery.
- I was born in The Hague, in The Netherlands
- I gave birth to my 4 children at home.
- I administrate a worldwide community-based breastmilk sharing network called Eats on Feets.
- In my free time I love to knit, drink wine with friends, practice yoga and ride my bike.
Our Baby Nest doula was worth her weight in gold at our birth! Her experience enabled her to give us specific suggestions about exactly how to relax and what to do. She also has a quiet presence and doesn’t ever feel intrusive—she’s there when you need her and then she fades naturally into background. Always positive and respectful, I’d highly recommend a Baby Nest doula to support you in your baby’s birth!Miranda W.