Meet Our Doulas
As Doulas in the Portland, Oregon areas, we are trained and experienced birth professionals who guide and support families during one of the most important times in their lives; pregnancy, the labour process and birth.
- Owner of Baby Nest Birth Services, Certified Birth Doula, Placenta Specialist and Bradley Method Instructor
- My husband and I have two crazy cool kids, ages 10 and 13. They make us laugh, keep our life full of adventure and are always teaching us!
- I adore the summer.
- The Vancouver Farmers Market is my style of gardening.
- My husband and I started a food cart called The Mighty Bowl and I often thought it was harder to get started than childbirth itself!
- I light a candle for each of my students and clients when they are in labor in honour of their journey into motherhood and the new life coming into this world.
- I was strong. Stronger than I ever knew.
- I was capable and ready for this most challenging job of being a mother.
- How to truly be in the present moment.
- How to surrender and release control.
That life is sacred and I was so grateful to be a part of the circle of life.
I had two natural births and I can honestly say while it was the hardest work I have ever done, it was by far the most empowering and beautiful experience of my life. What made my births so manageable and positive was being fully educated, feeling my husbands loving presence and the encouraging female support by my side that truly believed in me
I became a certified Doula and Educator of The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirth. For the past 11 years I have had the most amazing time helping couples have truly positive birth experiences, with joy over fear.
The following quote is my deepest pursuit and desire. “You are a birth servant. Do good without show or fuss. If you must take the lead, lead so that the mother is helped, yet still free and in charge. When the baby is born, they will rightly say: ‘We did it ourselves!’ Tao Te Ching
- Certified Birth Doula with Birthingway College of Midwifery,
- I grew up on the Olympic Peninsula with the Olympic National Park at my backdoor.
- I am one of seven children, and have had the honor of being present at the birth of three of my siblings and many of my nieces and nephews
- I’m passionate about gardening. I have my own vegetable garden which provides a large portion of my produce throughout the year.
I was seventeen when I realized I wanted to spend my life in the birth world. My sister-in-law invited me to attend the birth of her and my brother’s first daughter, and as I watched her come into this world I knew I wanted to experience that moment as many times as I possibly could! It felt like magic to me, watching this woman become a mother.
I spent the next decade exploring, traveling, moving to a new city on my own, working as a nanny, caring for babies, and attending the births of various family members. In 2015 I went back to school and became a certified labor doula. I’m passionate about my work, and I feel very honored to assist so many women in their journey into motherhood.
It is my role as a doula to help moms and their partners feel informed and confident in their birthing process. I believe having continual support makes all the difference in the transition into parenthood. I provide that support with my knowledge, my calm presence even in the midst of intensity, and my encouragement for mothers to ask for what they want and need.
Birth is an unpredictable experience, and will never turn out exactly as planned. My desire is that, in the face of that, mothers will come away from their birth feeling strong and empowered.
- Certified Birth Doula with DONA International
- When not working, I love to spend time with my husband of 14 years and our three daughters, ages 12, 10 and 6.
- We enjoy doing things outdoors like hiking, camping and geocaching!
- My name is Danish and is pronounced Ing-Lisa.
- In my spare time I like to read, bake, organize and listen to music.
- If the sun is shining, I am a very happy woman!
Eventually, my husband and I, welcomed our own daughter in April 2005. Never had I felt as powerful and capable as I did in that moment. I delivered a posterior baby who weighed over 9lbs naturally and I felt on top of the world! Then in 2007 I was able to attend a friends birth as a support person. It was the most beautiful, amazing and unforgettable experience I had ever had! I knew I wanted to attend more births and help women in the journey of motherhood.
I am there to help the woman see her potential and help her to trust her body. I am there to help the partner feel comfortable in supporting mom. I am there to share my own experiences of what birth can be like and give support so moms don’t feel alone and can find their inner strength and voice in their birth experience.
- Received my doula education in 2007 with Birthingway College of Midwifery.
- I was born in The Hague, in The Netherlands
- I gave birth to my 4 children at home.
- I administrate a worldwide community-based breastmilk sharing network called Eats on Feets.
- In my free time I love to knit, drink wine with friends, practice yoga and ride my bike.
The experience of the birth of my firstborn son was incredibly intense. Something hidden had been awakened in me: My inner strength to give birth; the power to share in Creation. I learned from this birth that our bodies are amazing and unpredictable. I learned that giving birth was simultaneously beautiful and very raw.
Between 1998 and 2006, I gave birth to five more children, two of whom are angel babies. Each experience made me into the woman, mother and doula I am today: Trusting our bodies and our innate knowledge, as well as accepting of the process wherever it may lead us.
As a doula, I support and cherish families in their journey to having the birth they and their babies need, whether at home, a birth center, or at the hospital.
I also believe in the parent’s right to exercise full autonomy in making decisions, and I respect their inner guidance in making those decisions. I can help with finding the information needed, and with deepening existing knowledge about birth.
- Birth & Postpartum Doula trained through MotherTree Doula Services.
- I gave birth to my first baby in November 2016 to the most tender hearted little boy, who loves to cuddle and eat!
- I am passionate about health, vitality and food and am a Certified Nutritional Therapist through the Nutritional Therapy Association.
- My husband and I relish in date nights! We love exploring our beautiful NW and finding the “little hole in the wall” places with good beer.
- I love and respect Mother Nature and all her wonders. My favorite things to do are backpacking, camping under the stars and boating.