Postpartum is Better with Sleep, Showers & Support!
You just had a baby and your life has changed in an instant! Sleepless nights, recovery after birth, learning how to care for your baby all while trying to figure out how to be a mom yourself. And did we mention the constant feedings, diapering and feeling of tired and overwhelm?!
We know how difficult these first days, weeks, and months can be. But we believe that with support, education and a third pair of helping hands, this transition to parenting can be a more positive experience for everyone!
That’s where a Postpartum Doula comes in!
The feeling of overwhelm is too much.
You feel you just can’t even.
You just need some time for yourself and practice self care.
Everyone is obsessed with the baby and YOU need someone to see and listen to YOU.
You need someone to guide you or tell you that you are doing just fine.
Or when you just need some sleep.
We are here to support YOU in your postpartum journey.
Click Here for a Free Consult or to Schedule Your Doula
Schedule a Free Postpartum Consult
“After a month of high anxiety, no sleep and pretty bad postpartum blues, we decided that we needed help. Enter our postpartum doula! She was receptive to our needs, what our routine was, what kind of extra help we needed. I called her my “safety net” and am so very thankful for her help transitioning us into our new way of life!”The Wiggins Family
16 Ways a Postpartum Doula Brings Support
- Allow time for parents to shower, nap, do self-care
- Care for the mother as she recovers from birth
- Guides and educates on all the firsts: learning baby hunger cues, bathing, diapering, feeding
- Breastfeeding support/latch and position help. Refer to specialist when needed
- Bottle feeding support & pumping guidance
- Light housekeeping
- Run errands
- Baby-wearing assistance
- Infant & parent sleep solutions
- Screen for postpartum mood disorders and depression (Doula support has been shown to reduce these risks as well!)
- Sibling support
- Wash baby and family laundry - and trust us, there is a lot of it!
- Be a listening ear to help process their birth experience
- Organize support for extended family and friends to help out
- Help the family find a new rhythm for daily life so parents feel confident in parenting and going back to work
- Ultimately, the postpartum doula is there to bring about a more positive transition to parenthood, filling the needs of the family
“Our Baby Nest postpartum doula was incredibly professional, genuinely caring and warm. She understood that this was a tender situation for both mom and dad (as well as baby), and knows how to provide just the right amount of support.”First time Dad, Scott
Postpartum Doula Pricing & Packages
10 hours of daytime support
(3 hour daily minimum)
$295 (save $25)
*Special price for March 2019
8 hours of overnight support
Lactation & Lightened Load
In-Home Lactation Consult &
two 3 hours shifts of daytime support
30 hours of daytime support
(3 hour daily minimum)
$899 (save $65)
16 hours of daytime support &
1 full overnight of care
$790 (save $26)
- Daytime $32 (3 hour min)
- Overnight $38 (7 hour min)
Give a Digital Gift Card!
Meet Our Postpartum Doulas
Meet Emily, PD, IBCLC, ICCE
- Postpartum & Birth Doula certified from Birthingway College of Midwifery
- IBCLC Certified (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant)
- I absolutely love cooking and considered culinary school before falling in love with birth and babies.
- My house is a bit of a menagerie: 3 children, 4 cats and 9 chickens. I have dreams of having a big hobby farm someday!
Meet Leah, PD
- Certified Postpartum Doula through Birthingway College of Midwifery
- Peer Volunteer with Baby Blues Connection.
- Mama to two wild and fascinating children.
- When I have time to myself, I’m usually baking cookies. Sharing them is one of my favorite ways to show love, gratitude, or just brighten someone’s day!