What is a Doula?
As Doulas in the Portland, Oregon areas, we are trained and experienced birth professionals who guide and support families during one of the most important times in their lives; pregnancy, the labour process and birth.
Birth is better when you don’t feel alone
As much as having a baby is pure joy and a dream come true, the idea of birth can also feel scary and overwhelming to most people. There are so many negative perceptions of birth, but we truly believe that a positive birth can be experienced by all if they have a supportive birth team.
Having a birth companion can change your experience in an amazing way. Making the Mom feel comfortable, respected, heard and honored is our goal as Doulas.
Birth is better when you don’t feel alone or afraid, and with the constant support of a partner and a Doula, this can change everything.
Schedule a Free Consultation
Birth is better when you don't feel alone or afraid. The constant support of a partner and a Doula can change everything!Meet Our Doulas
Baby Nest Doulas Guide You to Have an Easier Birth
- Provide information and emotional support in pregnancy.
- Help coordinate prenatal resources for optimal health in pregnancy.
- Provide physical and emotional comfort measures in labour.
- Advocate for your birth wishes and support your choices.
- Encourage and support the partner so they are confident to help Mom in the labour process and feel part of the birth experience.
- Ensure you are adjusting well as a new family after birth.
- Be your personal birth guide that listens, guides, comforts, assures, encourages and cares.
- Celebrates your birth story and makes sure you are set up for breastfeeding success and life with a newborn.
Benefits of a Hiring a Birth Doula
It has been medically documented that the presence of a Doula can positively impact the birth experience, providing countless benefits for the Mom, Dad and Baby.
- Mothers achieve a more comfortable birth with less fear
- Shortens the length of labour
- Requests less pain medication, reduces use of epidurals
- Less inductions and augmentations of labor
- Fewer assisted births with forceps or vacuum
- Lower chance of Cesarean (see Washington State cesarean rate, Oregon cesarean rate)
- Increase in successful VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean)
- Empowerment as a couple in making decisions
- Linked to better parenting and higher satisfaction with birth outcome
- Higher satisfaction of their personal accomplishments