Certified Lactation Services
Breastfeeding may be natural, but no one said is was always easy.
Schedule Your In-Home Lactation Consult
The average hospital lactation appointment lasts less than 15 minutes.
Our in-home consults last 2 hours!
Feel the difference in breastfeeding support at Baby Nest. Our IBCLC Certified Lactation Specialist supports all families and situations in their breastfeeding journey. We understand each family has their own unique and individual needs and we meet them right where they are at. We believe that with professional support and a heart full of patience and care, most breastfeeding challenges can be overcome.
Here are some reasons to need a lactation visit:
- You are experiencing pain
- You or another care provider is concerned about your baby’s weight
- You have been asked to provide supplemental feedings
- You are worried about your milk supply
- You experienced challenges with a previous baby
- You want someone to assess for “tongue-tie”
- You are “triple feeding” (feeding at the breast, pumping and bottle feeding)
- You feel like you are feeding your baby around the clock
- Your baby is acting gassy or colicky
- You would like assurance that everything is going well
- You are overwhelmed, tired, and unsure if you’re breastfeeding the right way
- You would like support with weaning
- You want to feel loved, supported and heard in your breastfeeding and postpartum experience
Prenatal Lactation Consult
During this visit you will discuss any risk factors that might interfere with breastfeeding, which includes a breast exam to assess glandular tissue for future milk production. A one-on-one consult to talk about questions or concerns you have and make a tentative breastfeeding plan for after baby is born.
Reduce your worries and get educated on how to increase your success for breastfeeding with our Breastfeeding Prep Classes. Learning BEFORE baby arrives changes everything!
A comprehensive in-home visit to assess the situation, create strategies and make sure baby and mother are getting through their challenges. Your IBCLC will assess your baby’s oral motor function: sucking strength, latch mechanics and create an individualized plan to support your breastfeeding goals.
Lactation Service Pricing
Want REIMBURSEMENT? We provide a ‘Superbill’ for lactation services
for you to send into your insurance to receive reimbursement.
Prenatal Lactation Consult – $150
Initial Lactation Visit – $200
Follow-up Lactation Visit – $100
Strong Start Lactation Package – $400
Lactation Bundle – $375
Lactation & Lightened Load Package – $395
Skype Consult – $75
Weight Check – FREE at Baby Nest Nursing Circle
(see below for more info)
Meet Our Certified Lactation Specialist
Emily Jensen, IBCLC, ICCE, PD
- IBCLC Certified (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant)
- Postpartum & Birth Doula Certified with Birthingway College of Midwifery
- Specializes in Oral Restrictions such as tongue & lip tie
- My house is a bit of a menagerie: 3 children, 4 cats and 9 chickens. I have dreams of having a big hobby farm someday.
- I absolutely love cooking and considered culinary school before falling in love with birth and babies.
What Lactation Services Look Like with Emily
“I recommend Emily’s lactation or doula services to anyone in need. She is knowledgeable, compassionate, authentic and she really understands the emotions of new motherhood. (great sense of humor too which is refreshing). We love and appreciate Emily and it was a bittersweet graduation when we had to say goodbye!”A.C.
Breastfeeding Support Groups
This is a group for all breastfeeding parents and babies of all feeding methods and ages. Come for FREE weight checks, and get your breastfeeding, baby & parenting questions answered. Most importantly get support from each other during this important time that self-care is essential.
Facilitated by a Board Certified Lactation Consultant and Postpartum Doula (IBCLC) from Baby Nest.
No need to pre-register or have your hair done, just come as you are!